1991 Ducati 851
Two Owner Bike, Outstanding Original Condition, 12k Miles, 12k Mile Service Just Completed
This 1991 Ducati 851 is a two owner bike with just over 12,000 original miles. This is a cream-puff example that is cosmetically outstanding and recently came out of a collection in upstate New York. My customer bought it from the original owner in Syracuse. It has just had a major 12,000 mile service two weeks ago and had a complete sorting out by Tyler at Moto Pistole in Brooklyn, one of the top modern Ducati mechanics in the area. That service entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Change the engine oil
- Change the engine oil filter
- Change spark plugs
- Check/adjust the valve clearances
- Replace timing belts
- Check or set cam timing and belt tension
- Clean or replace the air filter
- Check for store fault codes with diagnostic system (fuel inj.)
- Set throttle body operation and fuel burn.
- Reset throttle position sensor
- Synchronization of vacuum and idle speed setting for carbs or throttle bodies
- Replace hydraulic fluid for brakes and clutch
- Check and adjust the brake and clutch controls
- Check/lubricate the fast idle or choke cable
- Set tyre pressure
- Check the brake pads
- Renew if necessary
- Check for even wear and brake operation
- Check rotor thickness and runout
- Check the drive chain tension and sprockets, alignment and lubrication
- Check the clutch discs and spring plate
- Replace the coolant
- Check operation of coolant circuit, oil or water..
- Check the indicators and lighting
- Check all main toque figures. engine mounts, axles. etc.
- Check the sidestand
- Check the external fuel hoses
- Check the front sprocket retaining bolts
- General lubrication and greasing of all pivot points
- Load test and recharge the battery
- All gaskets and o-rings are replaced upon removal
- Clutch push rod o rings are always replaced.
- Clutch slave cylinder is visually inspected for leaks
- Operations of suspension is evaluated
- Road test the motorcycle
It is an excellent running and riding bike, and must be one of the nicest all around 851s in the country. It was fitted with brand new Pirellis. Just needs a new owner!
Please use the contact box below for any questions, call 631-318-0155 or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Use the "Contact Us" Form Below to Learn More About This Bike